Dermatology News Proffessionals
“Sisters with quiet faces, expressing no empty feminine pity, but active practical sympathy, stepped here and there across the wounded with medicines, water, bandages, and lint, flitting among the blood-stained coats and shirts.” Leo Tolstoy, “Sevastopol Sketches”
It is 1854. The Crimean war is in full swing. A female medical unit, the first one in history, is attending the wounded soldiers. This unit, called “The Society of the Sisters of Mercy” was created on the initiative of Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna of Russia, the wife of one of the younger brothers of Tsar Nicholas II.
According to our family legend, we received the recipe for an ointment from these first nurses in exchange for Mumijo, as our ancestors helped them treat civilians wounded in the Crimean war. This ointment formed the basis of our acne cream recipe. Contrary to the popular idea that astringents are beneficial for acne-prone skin, we know that acne-prone skin requires nourishment and hydration even more than healthy skin does, as it is necessary to reduce the activity of sebaceous glands, as well as to calm and protect the skin. Our nourishing cream is light and easily absorbable, yet rich in helpful ingredients:
* Tranexamic acid is a potent, brightening ingredient which helps prevent post-acne marks and hyperpigmentation. It also has a soft anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effect and stops the spread and activity of damaging bacteria on skin.
* Bladderwrack extract is a strong antioxidant that boosts circulation and can prevent allergic reactions. It is also a natural antiseptic that helps fight inflammation.
* Witch hazel and zinc are traditionally used for inflammation-prone skin. They reduce sebum production and have antiseptic and mattifying properties.
* Aloe vera hydrates and soothes.
* Liposome incapsulated Vitamin A is efficient at penetrating the epidermal barrier and aids skin’s metabolic processes, boosts its ability to withstand environmental factors and retain firmness.
Ingredients: Aqua, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Nigella sativa (Black cumin) seed oil, Tranexamic acid, Stearic acid, Cera alba (Beeswax), Dimethyl sulfone (MSM), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch hazel) water, Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, Bisabolol, Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) leaf extract, Sorbitan olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium sulfate, Aloe barbadensis leaf (Aloe) juice powder, Zinc oxide, Alcohol, Coriandrum sativum (Coriander) seed oil, Tocopherol, Santalum spicata (Sandalwood) wood oil, Phospholipids, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract, Parfum, Leuconostoc/ radish root ferment filtrate, Retinol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Thymusvulgaris(Thyme)extract,Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) extract, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalol, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha- isomethylionone, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Eugenol.
Use in the evening. Take a small amount of the product (about the size of a grape) and apply evenly on the face, eyelids, lips, neck, and cleavage. Blot gently with a paper napkin or tissue after 20 minutes if necessary.